Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Heartbeat Yoga & Healing Arts

I once took a yoga class at a YWCA where the instructor was so far beyond my conservative sensibilities that I just couldn't relate. I could follow the poses, but I couldn't relax because the instructor was so "out there." My friend and I kept giggling every time our teacher said something off-the-wall (the violet drains in the floor will carry away your stress...) Anyway, I shied away from yoga after that but was reintroduced to it last year, when I met yoga instructor and co-owner Linda Lapping of Heartbeat Yoga & Healing Arts. I started with the viniyoga beginner series and loved it. Not only is Linda a wonderful instructor, but she's calm, patient and grounded not to mention incredibly flexible! The classes are small enough where she can give each student individual attention.

Her studio on First Avenue South in downtown Kent is also beautiful with its hard wood floors and soft lighting. In addition, to the yoga classes, the studio features spa services including massage by co-owner Roxanne Lapping. I have not had one of her massages yet, but a friend has and said Roxanne is wonderful. If you are looking for a yoga class with an experienced teacher or a relaxing massage, check out Heartbeat. You will love it!

1 comment:

Libby Seidel said...

I agree with you. Heartbeat is a wonderful and calming place. I have been getting massages from Roxanne since she started. She gives great massages, but more importantly she is trained to help with those "problem" spots. She has loosened up areas I didn't know were tight!