Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kent Salvation Army Needs Toys!

Hello, friends.

I recently did a story for Kent Magazine on the Kent Salvation Army. I met the staff and several volunteers of this passionate organization. Our local office is small, but it provides the area with much needed services, particularly in these hard times. I just learned today that our local Salvation Army will not be benefiting from the Seattle area's Toys 'n Joy toy drive, meaning they don't have any toys this year to give their clients.

I had bought several games that I was going to donate. Instead of donating them to the Toys for Joy program here (which will be distributed around the Seattle area but not to the Kent Salvation Army), I am going to give them directly to the Kent Salvation Army on Central Avenue. If you'd like to help, please help me spread the word by forwarding this e-mail to your friends, co-workers and neighbors. This Christmas will be a tough one for many in our area, and I want to try to do what I can to help. I hope you'll join me.

If you want to make a donation, I will collect them personally (at my house or I'll pick them up), or you can drop them off at the Salvation Army office:

My address: 12813 SE 241st St., Kent, WA 98030 (call me first at 360-920-1737)

Kent Salvation Army: 1209 Central Ave. South, Ste. 145 (drop off between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m, Monday through Friday)

Thank you and happy holidays to your and your families!

No comments: