Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thank You for Caring

Last week I learned that the Kent Salvation Army would not receive its usual bounty of toys from the Salvation Army distribution center in Seattle for its holiday Toys 'n Joy program. Instead, it would have to rely on local donations. I put out a plea for help, and you responded generously. Some of you brought toys to me to drop off, some of you went directly to the Kent Salvation Army on South Central Avenue with your new toys, and I picked up a few from your offices and delivered them.

To all who gave, or hoped we'd find a solution, I thank you. Single handedly, one person would not have made a significant difference, but as a caring community, we were able to provide gifts for dozens of Kent children this Christmas. Thank you and Happy Holidays to you and your families! I'm proud to know you.

Dana

No comments: