Monday, December 22, 2008

Kent - an unexpected winter wonderland

Growing up in Indiana, I enjoyed the massive lake effect snow we got every winter. Our cities were well-equipped to tackle the snow and ice, so we didn't miss school very often...but there was always plenty of snow to play in. I remember snow tunnels, forts, sledding until my fingers were frozen, and snowball fights.

Fast forward to 2008 and I am in awe of the snow we've seen in Kent this year. I've lived in Washington for five and a half years and have never seen snow like this here. We have at least 10 inches at our house, not to mention thick layers of ice. Some roads are closed, others are impassable and the rest are just plain messy. So if you have to travel this week, please be careful. There is more snow and ice to come. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy watching it from my office window as I make the most of this weather-induced break.

Happy Holidays!

Dana, Virtually Yourz

No comments: