Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Alki Bakery - Kent, WA

I've heard of The Alki Bakery in Seattle, but have never been to one. Today I was surprised when a friend of mine took me to their Kent location - who knew?!! Located off 68th on 72nd Avenue South in Centerpoint Corporate Park, the cafe had the most wonderful selections. Similar to the more widely-recognized Panera, you have a wide range of selections of soups, sandwiches and salads, along with delicious-looking desserts and fresh fruit. You wait in line, place your order and they bring it to your table. My friend had the Mahi-Mahi Fish Tacos and I had the Italian Grinder. I can't speak for her meal - though she seemed to enjoy it - but my sandwich was delicious. Served on a soft French roll, the sandwich was full of fresh salami, cheese, peppers, dressing and more. It was tasty, fresh and very affordable! Guests can get their meals to go, eat in the cafe itself or take their meal alfresco. Two meals plus fountain drinks = $20. Thanks to Carol for treating me - I thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments: